Apple cider vinegar is one of the widely used wellness ingredients that people swear by. It is not surprising as it is the effective home remedy, for shot of it is said to help control blood sugar, boost energy, and maintain weight. Besides this, it is also used as a potion for hair and skin issues.
1. Salad Dressing
If you are dealing with digestion issues, give apple cider vinegar a try. Its antibacterial properties can treat common gut issues. As it is a fermented drink , it contains probiotics that regulate overall healthy digestion.
To make apple cider vinaigrette you need ¼ cup of apple cider vinegar, 1 tbsp of maple syrup, 1 grated garlic clove, ¼ tbsp of each dijon mustard, extra virgin olive oil, and sea salt, and freshly ground black pepper.
- Take a small bowl, and whisk the maple syrup, garlic, salt, mustard, apple cider vinegar, and pepper.
- Put a few drops of olive oil while whisking and continue it until the dressing is emulsified. Or take a jar with a tight-fitting lid and shake it to combine all the ingredients.
2. ACV Tea
ACV tea is a great alternative to those calorie heavy drinks coffee, lattes, soda, and black tea. This tea is a perfect detox to start your morning.
You need 355 ml of hot water or as per your requirement, 2 tbsp of each lemon juice, and apple cider vinegar, and 1 tbsp of each raw honey and ground cinnamon.
- Combine lemon juice, hot water, honey, apple cider vinegar, and cinnamon together in a mug.
3. ACV Tonic For Weight Management
When you are trying to lose weight, this ACV tonic can be incredibly useful in managing your weight. It may suppress the brain areas that control the appetite, which result in few calories eaten over time.
Combining apple cider vinegar with ginger, honey and green tea, makes it cold fighting and antioxidant packed powerhouse. To make this tonic you need 6 cups of water, ¼ cup of chopped ginger, ½ cup of mint leaves, ⅓ cup honey and 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar.
- Take a medium pot, combine the ginger and water. Bring it to a boil, remove from the heat then add mint leaves. Cover it and steep for at least 15 minutes.
- Then strain out the ginger, and mint. Now add the honey and vinegar, combine them.
- You can have this apple cider vinegar drink hot or cold.
4. Egg Salad With Vinegar
ACV can help in reducing bad cholesterol levels and triglycerides level. The acetic acid in it is what makes it effective in lowering the low density level cholesterol. This egg salad is a perfect heart healthy dish.
For this recipe you need 1 dozen diced hard boiled eggs, 2 stalks chopped coriander leaves, ½ cup avocado, 1 tbsp vinegar and salt, pepper taste.
- Mix together the vinegar and avocado.
- Season with pepper and salt.
- Fold in the coriander leaves and diced eggs.
- Add more seasoning if required.
- Top it with fresh coriander leaves.
If you are interested in increasing your intake of ACV beyond 2 tbsp then make sure to talk to the professional before.
So, these were some of the apple cider vinegar recipes that you can try easily at home. Have you tried any of these recipes or do you know any other ACV recipes? Feel free to share with us in the comments section below.