Are you someone who is suffering from hair loss? You must have heard a lot of TV commercials showing excellent quality hair care products that can help in the growth of hair and stop hair fall. However, do you even know what is the secret ingredient that these products contain? Well! That is biotin. This vitamin source is one of the best sources of micronutrients that can not only stop thinning of hair but can also support growth of new hair. The best part is that the benefits are not just limited to hair, it can help to improve your health conditions as well.
Before we start discussing the many benefits of biotin, let us first know something more about this wonderful vitamin source. Biotin is a water-soluble vitamin (a part of the B vitamin family). Biotin or B7 (also called vitamin H) enriched foods and supplements can support healthy skin, hair, and nails, boost energy levels and more. The word is derived from the Greek word biotos that means life.
Some of the best sources of biotin rich foods are:
- Liver or kidney of chicken and beef
- Egg yolk
- Whole grains
You can always opt for biotin supplements if you do not get enough of the same through your daily food intake. Moreover, supplements are enriched with a lot of other vital nutrients and a combination of all these macro and micro nutrients can help in enhancing both your beauty and body goals in a short span.
Processed foods often destroy the pantothenic acid during the manufacturing process and therefore, consumption of biotin supplements can help your body have the right amounts of nutrients that can help you keep healthy and beautiful.
This table shows the safe dosage of biotin supplements and foods:
|Infants upto 6 months||5mcg|
|Infants from 7 to 12 months||6 mcg|
|Children upto 1 to 3 years||8 mcg|
|Children from 4-8 years||12 mcg|
|Teens from 14 to 18 years||25 mcg|
|Adults from 19 years and over||30 mcg|
|Breastfeeding women||35 mcg|
Let’s throw some light on the benefits of biotin for women and men:
- Biotin supplements are too good for your skin, hair and nails.
- Biotin enriched foods and supplements can help to regulate your metabolism rate and also improve your digestive system.
- It can help to reduce the bad cholesterol levels in your body.
- Biotin supplements can help to manage the blood glucose levels and also help to regulate the stimulated glucose production by the liver.
- It can help to improve the brain functioning and also fight cognitive decline.
- Biotin can help to regulate thyroid levels in the body.
- It can help to build and repair muscles and tissues in the body.
- Biotin consumption can also help to boost your mood and energy levels.
Conclusion: Try to make the right usage of these biotin supplements and foods to improve your lifestyle. Make sure you consume the right dosage of the same and consult your doctor to know more about your body’s requirements. A medical practitioner can guide you on how to increase or decrease the dosage safely to get maximum benefits.