Curcumin is a yellow pigment and an ingredient that gives colour to turmeric. It has become incredibly popular because of its many health benefits. You can attain it in pill or capsule form or liquid form and add it to drinks such as coffee and tea. But you must order curcumin only after consulting your healthcare provider. The dosages include 500 mg, 1000 mg and 1500 mg. Furthermore, it has been medically proven to treat a variety of diseases. But what does it exactly treat? To know the benefits, continue reading this article further.
- It can protect against heart diseases: A study suggests curcumin can improve endothelial function, a thin membrane that lines and covers inside of the blood vessels and heart. This thin membrane helps regulate blood pressure. If an endothelial function is low, you must purchase curcumin supplements to decrease the possibility of developing a heart attack.
Additionally, such supplements are also helpful in preventing age-related loss of mass and function. A few researchers had conducted a study to note the effectiveness of curcumin and aerobic exercises for two months with post-menopausal women. The findings included the improvement of endothelial function with the help of curcumin supplements, along with exercise. When it comes to the control group, there were no noticeable changes. Since heart disease is common among those who have type-2 diabetes, another study was conducted to prove the effectiveness of curcumin. So, in this study, researchers concluded that it immensely increased the endothelial function in people who have type-2 diabetes.
- It reduces chronic inflammation: Inflammation is a process in which the immune system responds to harmful agents like viruses and bacteria. When an area in your body becomes painful and red, that particular area often swells up and becomes inflamed. Chronic inflammation causes considerable health issues. The anti-inflammatory properties of curcumin have been displayed in various trials by inhibiting the body’s inflammatory markers.
- What’s more, it can reduce oxidative stress. Many people experience chronic back pain because of health problems such as herniated discs and sciatica. Curcumin supplements have the potential to reduce radical damage and manage lower and upper back pain.
- It helps treat depression: Depression is a medical illness that negatively impacts how you act, think, and feel. The World Health Organization (WHO) states that depression is a common illness with an estimated population of 3.8 per cent, including 5.0 per cent of adults and 5.7 per cent of adults older than 60. When it comes to the curcumin supplements, a clinical trial was conducted with 60 people and divided into three groups. One group consumed 1 gram of curcumin and improved depression within six weeks. The study concluded that it is a powerful anti-depressant. Depression has been associated with decreased BDNF levels that play a crucial role in memory and learning, which can be reversed with supplements. Also, there has been evidence that they can improve the brain’s neurotransmitters, serotonin and dopamine.
- It improves skin health: It has antimicrobial and antioxidant properties, and it can treat skin conditions like psoriasis, acne, and eczema. A 2018 issue of Open Access Macedonian Journal of Medical Sciences states that curcumin is a safe and effective treatment for psoriasis. Another review suggests it can treat skin disorders and is safe at high doses.
Conclusion: Since it has been scientifically proven to treat specific medical conditions, you can order curcumin supplements from various online stores at your convenience. But it is recommended to consult your healthcare provider before purchasing and consuming it.