Sydney is a financial and business services hub in the whole of the Asia-Pacific region. The city is often mistaken as the capital of Australia due to its worldwide popularity. Moreover, Sydney is famous for its tourist destinations like Bondi beach, the Opera House, etc., and is one of the best cities in the world to live in.
Managed services are becoming the new norm for businesses. They are one of the most common forms of outsourcing, where a third party or service provider is hired to handle specific organisational tasks. This concept has now been applied to IT in many ways, with companies offering various managed services in Sydney to help businesses manage their IT infrastructure. And in this article, let’s explore some of the most popular IT-managed services that organisations have adopted.
IT managed services in Sydney is a broad term that covers anything from getting help with your IT systems to outsourcing the whole lot. So, what are managed services?
Managed services are a form of IT outsourcing. Managed service providers (MSPs) offer a range of services under one umbrella, including:
- Helpdesk support – MSPs provide phone support for your business’s IT systems and software. They can also assist in other areas, such as network troubleshooting and system upgrades.
- Cloud computing – It involves using offsite servers to store data instead of on-site servers. An MSP can help your company move its data to the cloud or advise you on how best to use it there.
- Network administration – This involves installing new hardware and software, configuring them properly, backing up files regularly and ensuring everything stays secure.
Cloud integration is integrating your existing IT infrastructure with cloud-based services. This can help your business benefit from the flexibility, scalability and cost savings that cloud apps offer.
Benefits of Cloud Integration
When you integrate your existing IT infrastructure with cloud services, you can:
- Reduce costs by up to 50%. Cloud IT solutions typically cost less than traditional on-premise solutions because they require less hardware, software maintenance and personnel. That means more resources are available for other areas of your business!
- Increase productivity by letting employees work remotely or in an office outside regular business hours without worrying about accessing sensitive information locally or syncing files across multiple devices (which takes time).
ICT Consulting is a service that helps businesses to improve the quality of their IT systems and operations. ICT consulting can improve the efficiency and effectiveness of a business’s IT systems by advising how best to implement new or existing technology solutions within your organisation.
Backup and Recovery
One of the most important and common IT-managed services is backup and recovery. Backups are designed to protect your information in case something happens to your physical or virtual server, and they’re one of the most effective methods for doing so. Meanwhile, it can be done in various ways: on tapes, hard drives, CDs/DVDs, or even in the cloud. In any case, these backups must be tested regularly to know they’ll work when you need them, and some companies will even offer Disaster Recovery services! You should also store offsite copies of your data and encrypt them before storing them elsewhere.
Data Loss Prevention
When it comes to protecting your data, there’s no such thing as too much security. And Data Loss Prevention (DLP) is identifying, containing and preventing the loss of confidential information, whether physical or digital. DLP solutions are designed to protect data from being compromised by unauthorised access, inappropriate use or malicious activity.
By now, you should have a pretty good idea of what IT managed services in Sydney are. They’re a way to get the best of both worlds regarding technology; the expertise of an IT consultant without having to pay them full-time! You’re also more likely to get a tailored solution that fits your budget and needs perfectly than if you tried doing it yourself (and had no clue how).